Thursday, July 29, 2010

Summer.. Please stay a little bit longer..

I sit here on my bed, thinking about how I should get up and go to my classroom.. but then I continue to waste more time because it is SUMMER! I am supposed to be relaxing!

Why do all good things come to an end?

This summer, I had to change classrooms, so I am currently trying to piece it all together again for year 2 of teaching. I have not even had a chance to think about planning the first week of school since I have been trying to get a "working classroom" again. I mean I could just leave it how it is, but I don't think the students would appreciate boxes all over their desks with nothing on the walls on the first day of school. Not to mention the books and school supplies that are not neatly organized on top of their desks ready for learning.

My principal also just asked me to take on another huge role in school.. drum roll.. I will be the new Safety Patrol Advisor! For those of you from Logan who have no idea what that is because you didn't have safety patrol in elementary school, basically it is an elementary version of crossing guards. The older students are in charge of helping the kids get to school safely and to keep the school grounds safe, before and after school. Yup, little miss 2nd year teacher here, gets to be in charge of organizing that.

So, as I was so excited to start a school year where I actually knew what I was doing, I will be starting something else that is new, and I only have 3 weeks left before the school year begins.. Should I be a little stressed? Naw, I am SUPER STRESSED.

Wow, summer was way too good to me..

I still have one more trip planned next week. I will be going to San Diego with Erik and some other friends from my singles ward, which I am way excited for. So until then, hopefully this classroom can help get itself put together (Or at least my mother and Kayla will get it done for me.. Ha) because the countdown has now begun!

August 23rd, how I dread your arrival.

Here are some pictures from the summer, SO FAR, since summer is still not over:

Backstreet Boys Concert in June. SO great to relive the teenage years
Erik and I on our trip to Southern Utah

Friends at Taylorsville Dayzz



The twins at Real Salt Lake

4th of July races!

The fabulous class officers at the Taylorsville High Class of '05 Reunion.

Family vacation to Vegas and St. George

At the Cardinals game during my trip to St. Louis
With Halie at the Arch in St. Louis


Stephy is home from Haiti!

2 comments:

Boonie and Jenn said...

Good luck with your room! I remember many a year helping my mom put her room back together from changing rooms. Enjoy your last trip before school!!!

Ashley said...

You are so spontaneous!!! LOVE IT! :D