Today was the first day of my Diversity in Education class. It is going to be an intense two week class with none other than Cinthya as my teacher! She was my professor last semester for my Second Language Acquisition class as well. Our class goes everyday from 8-12. FOUR HOURS EVERYDAY!! I hope I can survive. When we got to class today I asked Cinthya if we could go to Angie's restaurant on the last day of class..
SIDE NOTE:
On the last day of school this past semester, me and a bunch of girls from my class overheard a few of our professors (one of them including Cinthya) talk about how they were all going to go to breakfast one day at Angie's and talk about the recent research they have been doing in the Education department. Anyway, so we decided it would be funny if we showed up at the same time and sit by them while they eat. Believe it or not, we showed up and sat right by three of our professors as they discussed the psychologists Vygotsky and Bakhtin. The girls even dared me to go and sit by them and join in on their conversation. Of course I did it, and the professors just smiled and said, "Morgan you are just so smart for an undergrad. Tell us more about what you have learned this semester!" Ha ha! The girls at the table were dying of laughter as I came back to the table quickly to avoid getting stuck talking about things I did not remember from class, with the teachers who held my grade in the palm of their hands. What an experience to always remember!
So back to the original topic, We will be able to go to Angie's restaurant with our professor on the last day, just to celebrate the good old days. I will be sitting in class with 8 other students (that is right, there are only 9 students in the classroom) everyday for four hours as Cinthya lectures, telling us we have no idea what diversity entails and we have no idea how to handle it because we were not born in another country like she was born in Nicaragua. Just kidding! I love you Saavedra! Until next time, I need to get crackin on the 120 pages I have to have read for class tomorrow. Later gators!
5 comments:
I'm glad I'm done with school!!Keep havin' fun sexy mama:).
when are you going to change your blog name, morg? i was going to write the name that we made up, but i didn't want to ruin the unveiling!
You have a blog! Me too... we can be buddies now. What did you get in P.E. in Music?
I was doing all the classes you are in last summer! I didn't think it was too bad. Anyways, I'm glad we can blog now! Your nephew is so cute!
Good luck with classes. I took them all last summer. It was boring and hard to go everyday but when it is all over you will be so glad you did it this way! I'm glad you have a blog too!
Post a Comment