Thursday, June 26, 2008

A little thing we like to call Warped Tour


This Saturday is quite an event in the history of punk and rock music. That is right kids, Warped Tour is back on the road and it will be coming to a city near you (Salt Lake City to be exact) this Saturday! Unfortunately I will not be attending this sweaty, nasty, pot smoking event, where many of those old and new rock bands come to let the world know who they are and maybe sell a few albums while they are at it. I attended last year and heard many of my favorite bands play through out the long hot day at the state fair grounds. There are probably 50-70 bands that play through the whole day and it is always a rush to try and get to the next stage in time to see another band play. Last year the highlights of Warped Tour for me were Paramore, Boys Like Girls, Anberlin, Yellowcard, and I hate to say it, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. Those were just a few of the good bands that I enjoyed while crowd surfing and getting stepped on through the crowds of crazy people.

So this year, I decided to save the money that I do not have. I will not get the chance to see The Audition, We The Kings, Anberlin, Relient K, Forever The Sickest Kids and many others that have made up some dang good music. If anyone plans to go to the tour let me know and maybe you could buy me a shirt or something like that. If anyone would like to start a fund or make a donation to the "Send Morgan to Warped Tour" fund, I will not turn anything down. Thanks y'all! You're great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you are saving your money.....oh yea "what money?" I think you should be having the "help with Morgan's college fund" instead!!!

Hugs and kisses!!!