Do you ever just get frustrated with people when they are in your face all the time, and they won't just leave you alone to do what it is that you are trained to do?
If you have ever felt this way, you are not alone. I as an educator have never felt so mistrusted in all of my 4 years of teaching.
No one trusts us. Everything is our fault. The way we have been trained to teach is all wrong. Must I go on? It hurts as an educator to have others attack and blame you for doing things wrong when you have worked so hard to create the classroom that you have always dreamed of.
Creating something to help students to learn and to grow, in a place to feel safe and loved.. and then having others just rip it to shreds.
That is how I feel right now as an educator.
The only thing that keeps me going is my love. My love for teaching, my love for my precious students, and my love for knowing that I can try and make these kids love life and learning that much more.
I am not writing this for any kind of sympathy. If anything, I just want everyone to be aware of the educators in their lives. If you have kids, thank their teachers for their hard work and for putting up with the politics they never signed up to deal with in this profession.
I also understand that education is not the only profession that is dealing with this kind of criticism and micromanagement. And to others that are feeling the same way, we can make it! Remember why it is that you chose the path you are on, and don't forget that simple reason.
“Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man's growth without destroying his roots.” Frank A. Clark.
Love you all. Thanks for letting me rant.
No comments:
Post a Comment