Saturday, April 23, 2011

To those who helped create the Best Few Months... EVER!

I think it is about time I blog about something.. Something that has taken over my life for the past few months..

So I feel like I have kind of been MIA in the blogging world since my birthday, and that is because I have been spending quite a bit of time with those people who have had a fabulous influence on my life, and have had an impact that has officially changed my life for the better.

So we can start with the group here in Salt Lake called the Fantastic Four. In February I found myself spending a lot of time with some friends that just always made me feel so positive and made me feel like I didn't have a stress in the world. We would always have a good time and never just gossiped about others, but always had thought provoking ideas and great conversations. To top it all off, we just had the Best Weekends Ever, EVERY weekend! These fabulous people named Tate, Ethan, Bronwyn and myself, along with a group of other friends, just seemed to really hit it off from the beginning. Through the month of February, March and April, we always seemed to be on the same page and had so many fun adventures every week, outside of our crazy working lives. We ended up at the cabin in Brighton, weekend trips to St. George, going to the movies, going to Park City, hitting up Mardi Gras in Logan, etc. It made it even more fun to get together and to talk about our different lifestyles, Morgan in the teaching world, Tate and Bronwyn in the business world with their careers, and Ethan, working, but preparing for his mission.

Aggie Basketball Game in Logan. February 12, 2011

Mardi Gras in Logan! February 12, 2011
A quote I recently heard from a friend..

"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people" -Eleanor Roosevelt.


I truly believe in this quote, and I feel like our little group of friends for the past few months was full of  "Great Minds" :)

What made it even better was to be with our other friends, and for Crystal to get back from her mission (That's right everyone! Crystal is home from Brazil now!) and for her to join us. Even when Steph would come down from Logan, and Jason and Shannon would take a break from their "engaged" lives to join us. It is always a pleasure for Halie, Ian, Teri, and Andreas to come along as well. It was just the perfect group of friends, and I want to thank them as well as others for their positive influence in my life.



Ethan and I at the Lady Danville Show. February 17,  2011

Snowboarding at Brighton with the crew.
Here is Steph, Ethan and I on February 19, 2011

St. George Trip! March 11-12, 2011

St. George with Bronwyn, me, Ethan, and Tate

The end of the St. George trip with Shannon and Jason

Our Farewell Dinner for Ethan before he left on his mission
The Crew: April 9, 2011


Now things may be a little different with the group, Ethan has left on his mission to Eugene Oregon for two years, and things have not been the same. The group is going to miss that kid. I especially feel like I am going to miss him! Elder Collins is out serving the Lord, and we all know that he is there for the right reasons, and that we were in each other's lives for a reason before he left. Now the new adventure begins of writing and sending fun packages to him! It is time to move on with life, and hope for some exciting things to happen during the next two years! April 2013 can't come soon enough!
The night before he left. April 12, 2011
The last picture with the crew. April 12, 2011
Here is the video we took when we drove passed the MTC the Friday after Elder Collins left. With the air horn and horn honking, we found out he STILL didn't even hear us! At least we gave some of the other Elders who were sitting outside a great laugh :)


Other than this friend biz, I am loving the time I get to spend at home with my family, even if I am not around that much. It is fun to be with the new little niece, Amaia and to spend time with her and with Austin, the adorable big brother. I have about six more weeks of school left until summer break begins! Many fun plans are in store for this summer, but those plans will come in a post in the near future.

I have about 2 weeks left until my first bike ride called the Goldilocks Ride in Herriman. I hope I am ready! My new road biking hobby has become expensive, but I think it is going to be worth it soon enough!

Another post coming soon! Happy Easter everyone!

No comments: