My favorite time of the year. Man oh man, I get so excited just typing about it!
Ever since I was a little girl, I have always loved the season when my mother breaks out the Halloween decor and decks out the house with witches, pumpkins and ghosts. Even with the Peanut characters that go in front of the house in their pumpkin patch! This is the time when My siblings and I would watch The Nightmare Before Christmas, every year for Halloween and we still turned out normal as adults.. HA! Such a psychotic movie..
As I grew up, I was always a witch for Halloween. For some strange reason, that was just what I always wanted to be. Mom probably loved the fact that she did not have to buy a new costume every year for me. I have had the same witches hat ever since I was five years old.
And I still wear that same hat to this day :)
When I was in Logan, I started to branch out and have had some great costumes over the years, from a cowgirl, to Cat Woman, to Dracula (Which NO ONE could tell it was me.. ha), to being a Geisha, which was my absolute favorite of all time.
![]() |
| Brother and I. Halloween 2008 |
![]() |
| The Geisha. Halloween 2009 |
All through college, with my dear roommates, we would decorate our apartment on October 1st to get it ready for the season. We would always sing and dance to The Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack while we did this, making it look like we were a little satanic, but we did not care. Thank you Steph and Crystal for those great memories.
![]() |
| The pirate wench, Cat woman, and Pocahontas. Halloween 2006 |
![]() |
| Reading Halloween stories. October 2007 |
This year, my students saw that I had brought my Halloween decorations to school a little earlier than October 1st, just so I could store them in the classroom. They then asked me if we could please put them up before October. I was more than delighted to put them up a few days early, as I can't get enough of this fabulous season.
Not only do I get to celebrate Halloween here in Utah, but I get to go to Disneyland as well! AHH! I am so excited! My favorite time to go there is of course during this month when the entire place is decorated in pumpkins, filled with Jack Skelington and all of the villains of the Disney world. Some friends in Salt Lake and I are going and we even get to Trick or Treat with the characters.
![]() |
| The girls in the family. Disneyland October 2006 |
![]() |
| Jack Skelington in pumpkin form. |
Happy Halloween!







2 comments:
Morg. i love ya
I love the Jack Skellington pumpkin. I am waiting for the Michelle Skellington pumpkin. :)
Post a Comment